Episode 57: 2024 Sequels, Steamboat Willie’s Terrifying Twist, and Unwanted Politics in Films
The title says it all. We played the 2024 sequel game, talked about copyrights being lifted on Mickey Mouse, and discussed political agendas in films. Is it getting in the way of good storytelling? And of course, we round out the episode with the latest Hollywood news.
Too Much CGI is a podcast made for grown adolescents from the 1980s and 1990s. You have found your tribe. Subscribe!
Please review us – it would mean a lot! https://ratethispodcast.com/toomuchcgi
- New Year’s Celebrations and Hangovers: Bill and Scott start with discussions about their New Year’s Eve experiences, including celebrations and hangovers.
- Family Gatherings and Personal Goals: They discuss family gatherings, the joy and challenges they bring, and share their personal goals and resolutions for the year.
- Movies and Sports Enthusiasm: The hosts shift to critiquing recent movies, particularly CGI use and plot development, and express their enthusiasm for sports, especially football and the Eagles.
- Public Domain Topics: The discussion covers iconic characters like Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh entering the public domain, exploring creative uses and legal aspects.
- Marvel’s Storytelling Critique: A significant part of the conversation is dedicated to critiquing Marvel’s current storytelling, favoring classic comic book narratives.
- Pop Culture and Personal Anecdotes: They blend discussions on pop culture trends with personal anecdotes, offering a mix of analysis and personal experiences.