Episode 61: What You Should Be Watching Vol. II
It’s time for more recommendations of shit buried way deep into the streamers. We’ll be your TV Guide from here on out.
Too Much CGI is a podcast made for grown adolescents from the 1980s and 1990s. You have found your tribe. Subscribe!
Please review us – it would mean a lot! https://ratethispodcast.com/toomuchcgi
- Travel and Personal Experiences:
- The speaker’s trip to the East Coast and their experience speaking at the NAMM show (National Association of Musical Merchandisers).
- Observations on homelessness in Los Angeles, particularly in the financial district, noting the severity compared to previous visits.
- Frustrations with Avis car rental service at LAX, including a long wait and poor customer service.
- Celebrity Encounters and Observations:
- Mention of driving around Los Angeles and encountering celebrities, including a specific mention of possibly seeing Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Reflections on the thrill of seeing celebrities in LA and the boundaries of being a fan versus invading privacy.
- WWE and Vince McMahon Controversy:
- Discussion of Vince McMahon’s resignation from WWE’s parent company’s board amid sexual misconduct lawsuit.
- Details of the lawsuit filed by a former WWE employee, alleging coercion into a sexual relationship and other serious accusations against McMahon and another executive.
- Commentary on the culture of silence and misconduct in Hollywood and the entertainment industry, drawing parallels to the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
- General Commentary and Humor:
- Light-hearted banter about the challenges and peculiarities of traveling in LA, dealing with rental car companies, and navigating the city.
- Jokes about the potential consequences of interacting too closely with celebrities or crossing boundaries.
- Speculation and humor about the impact of high-profile legal cases and scandals on public figures and their careers.